TAQ 2 Cardivascukar, Respiratory and Gastro intetinal system!!

bobovilakati

TAQ 2 Cardivascukar, Respiratory and Gastro intetinal system!!

Post by bobovilakati »

hi all,
I have been trying to figure this out for a few days but cant seem to answer the question.
I need some assistance with TAQ2 of this assessment. any guidance on how to answer it will be kindly appreciated.
I thought it has something to do with the respiratory system but cant seem to answer it with the notes from the materials. the question is on how oxygen gets from the environment to the cell and so on..
if anyone has done this, I would greatly appreciate your guidance.
many thanks
Pearl.xx

PPoskitt
DLC Moderator

Re: TAQ 2 Cardivascukar, Respiratory and Gastro intetinal system!!

Post by PPoskitt »

bobovilakati wrote:hi all,
I have been trying to figure this out for a few days but cant seem to answer the question.
I need some assistance with TAQ2 of this assessment. any guidance on how to answer it will be kindly appreciated.
I thought it has something to do with the respiratory system but cant seem to answer it with the notes from the materials. the question is on how oxygen gets from the environment to the cell and so on..
if anyone has done this, I would greatly appreciate your guidance.
many thanks
Pearl.xx
Hi Pearl,

Hopefully a couple of these resources will send you in the right direction... :thumbup:

Mechanics of Ventilation: https://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health ... hathappens
BBC Bitesize - Respiration http://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/ks3/scien ... evision/3/
Brief explanation of how the lungs work http://health.howstuffworks.com/human-b ... /lung1.htm
Powerpoint presentation of the mechanics of breathing; goes to look into respiratory volumes, atmospheric pressure & partial pressures.... https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j ... vC2fiGU8Tw

Also, have a look at any Anatomy & Physiology textbooks - there are many great explanations of the respiratory system and of gaseous transports out there; Ross & Wilson, Tortora & Grabowski, Seeley etc. etc.

Hopefully this gives you a little direction. I don't know how much depth you need to be going into for this level/module - so please do keep a close eye on the Assessment Criteria and work to that as closely as possible. It's a fascinating topic the respiratory system!

All the best :thumbup:
Phil [ DLC Moderator ]

- Access to Paramedicine 2014 -
- FAB 5 Award Winner August 2015 -

| Paramedic | McPara | SCST Affiliate |
Admin of @PreHospECG (Twitter) & '12-Lead ECG: I've Got the Rhythm' (Facebook)

bobovilakati

Post by bobovilakati »

Thank you ever so much for your reply Phil. I will look into those links and work on it over the weekend.
Thank you so much
Pearl.x

PPoskitt
DLC Moderator

Post by PPoskitt »

All the best Pearl :thumbup: :D
Phil [ DLC Moderator ]

- Access to Paramedicine 2014 -
- FAB 5 Award Winner August 2015 -

| Paramedic | McPara | SCST Affiliate |
Admin of @PreHospECG (Twitter) & '12-Lead ECG: I've Got the Rhythm' (Facebook)

Jordan26

Post by Jordan26 »

Same question about oxygen from the environment to cells etc, i wanted to confirm through someone on here but i think in the materials the section which covers 'gaseous exchange' could help here. If someone could guide me so that i don't go off on a tangent..:S i think this is maybe more specific to the body than the environment though.

Karen

Post by Karen »

Hi Jordan

TAQ 2 - You need to be looking at the movement of air to the region of the lungs where gaseous exchange occurs. Then look at the process of gaseous exchange, explain this part in detail, also any features that maximise this process. Then you can write about the transport around the body.

Does this answer your question? :)

Karen
Believe you can and you're halfway there :dance:

Received an offer for Forensic Psychology (2017) :D

Jordan26

Post by Jordan26 »

Hi Karen, yes this is very helpful :) just on the the 'movement of air to the region on the lungs' part you mention im trying to find roughly in the materials where that is covered so i dont end up writing about something i dont need in my assignment i gather i can use information outside the materials provided by the DLC its just normally most TAQ's have everything covered in the course materials, so im confident on the part to write about gaseous exchange but i dont want to write about mechanical respiration (for example if thats not what it means by air in the environment to the cells in our body. i think the process is chemical respiration but it doesn't cover that in the mechanical respiration section in the materials only that it is different.

Jordan26

Post by Jordan26 »

do i need to mention changes in pressure and mechanical respiration?

ncassidy

Post by ncassidy »

Sorry to jump on the post, :wave:

I've read the past feeds and none of them seem to direct us as to what is meant by air movement to the lungs :eh:

I'm just as confused with TAQ 2. I'm unsure whether I'm being asked to just summarise how air reaches the alveoli? or whether I'm describing the whole mechanical ventilation(breathing cycle) which enables air to reach the alveoli? This is quite tight with a 300 word count :?

Any help would be much appreciated, I've already had to extend my deadline :crazy:

Natalie :)

Pam Leach

Post by Pam Leach »

Hi
TAQ 2 has changed from previous versions of the assessment. So earlier answers are not quite as relevant. In TAQ 2 part 2 you are to describe how air gets to the alveoli, this should include a summary of breathing in, as well as details of the structures that air passes through to get to the alveoli.
Curriculum leader of Science and Biology tutor

Return to “Ascentis Biology and Human Phys”