Macromolecules and key biological principles

LisaClark

Macromolecules and key biological principles

Post by LisaClark »

Hi
I'm currently on my final assessment with only four days left eekk =[

I'm really stressed out and the more i look at things the less I'm understanding them.

For TAQ 3 part 2 would i be right that the process its asking about is glycolysis?

Hope someone can help me

Thanks
Lisa

LisaClark

Re: Macromolecules and key biological principles

Post by LisaClark »

Thanks, I'm not really sure i understand it though?
Do you have any advice?

carrotcruncher

Post by carrotcruncher »

watch this https://www.khanacademy.org/science/bio ... glycolysis - shout if you need some specific info

hollyyleanne

Post by hollyyleanne »

Hello!

Im currently on this assessment

For the tongue rolling thing and the whole punnett thing .....

and i dont really understand any of it ! :wtf:
more i look more im confused lol

can anybody help me out??

thank you

Karen

Post by Karen »

Hi Holly

TAQ 1 .. Is all about giving a brief biography of Mendel's laws, what he did in his experiments to establish the laws and how we use them to estimate likelihood of inheritance.

So Part 2 - Tongue Rolling
Is all about using punnet diagrams - You can see what genotype the offspring would be. From that you can see who would be a tongue roller and who wouldn't... Google punnet diagram for tongue rolling and punnet diagram for PTC
Make your own table and split the alleles up across the top and side, then you can see what genotype the offspring would be. From that you can see who would be a tongue roller and who wouldn't.

If you are still not understanding I would suggest you email your tutor and ask for a tutorial, and whilst you're waiting carry on with the other TAQ's.

Karen
Believe you can and you're halfway there :dance:

Received an offer for Forensic Psychology (2017) :D

hollyyleanne

Post by hollyyleanne »

Karen wrote:Hi Holly

TAQ 1 .. Is all about giving a brief biography of Mendel's laws, what he did in his experiments to establish the laws and how we use them to estimate likelihood of inheritance.

Is all about using punnet diagrams - You can see what genotype the offspring would be. From that you can see who would be a tongue roller and who wouldn't... Google punnet diagram for tongue rolling and punnet diagram for PTC
Make your own table and split the alleles up across the top and side, then you can see what genotype the offspring would be. From that you can see who would be a tongue roller and who wouldn't.

If you are still not understanding I would suggest you email your tutor and ask for a tutorial, and whilst you're waiting carry on with the other TAQ's.

Karen
Thank you so much!
Ive got a tutorial tomorrow as well ..
i will have another look :wave:

Karen

Post by Karen »

Excellent!

If there is anything else, just ask away!

Good luck :thumbup:

Karen
Believe you can and you're halfway there :dance:

Received an offer for Forensic Psychology (2017) :D

Mike O

Post by Mike O »

Karen wrote:Hi Holly

Karen
Hi Karen you've just made my day, I'm currently on this as well and I'd normally blitz through it but just had my lil man and the sleepless nights are getting to me! Thanks for the heads up :thumbup:

Return to “Ascentis Biology and Human Phys”