Study Skills Planning a Presentation

cjeannew100

Study Skills Planning a Presentation

Post by cjeannew100 »

Hello,

I am currently on the assessment 'Planning a presentation'. On TAQ 2 I have 700 words to plan my presentation, how in depth do i need to go with this? is it bullet points? or pretty much write out my presentation? If i do need to write it out, the word count it quite short for a presentation that has to last 15 minutes! Also, I feel like i'm repeating myself with the flash cards! Although, they do not have a word count, do they need to be in bullet point form? I have written mine in short paragraphs!

Someone PLEASE give me some guidance asap, I would be so grateful!

Thanks!

carrotcruncher

Re: Study Skills Planning a Presentation

Post by carrotcruncher »

sorry this one wasn't on my Bio pathway - but didn't want to read and run - hope someone will be along to help you soon :D

christopher.calvey

Post by christopher.calvey »

cjeannew100 wrote:Hello,

I am currently on the assessment 'Planning a presentation'. On TAQ 2 I have 700 words to plan my presentation, how in depth do i need to go with this? is it bullet points? or pretty much write out my presentation? If i do need to write it out, the word count it quite short for a presentation that has to last 15 minutes! Also, I feel like i'm repeating myself with the flash cards! Although, they do not have a word count, do they need to be in bullet point form? I have written mine in short paragraphs!

Thanks!
Hi mate, do you still need help with this one? I completed Study Skills at the beginning of the year.

Chris :D
Do or do not, there is no try - Yoda.

Access to Health Professions (Allied Health Professions) - 2016.

cjeannew100

Post by cjeannew100 »

Hello,

Yes please! That would be helpful :)

Thanks!

christopher.calvey

Post by christopher.calvey »

cjeannew100 wrote:Hello,

Thanks!
Hi mate, really sorry for the late reply. :thumbdown:

I'm not sure if they have changed the TAQs since I did Study Skills but what I did was...

I decided in TAQ 3 that I was going to write an essay as my presentation, so TAQ 2 for me was basically an essay plan.

There's a few paragraphs within the first part of TAQ 2 where basically I explained what sources I was going to use to gain information for my presentation and how I was going to use them. Remember that a variety of sources will help to keep your presentation balanced, objective, unbiased, as relying on a single source will limit the credibility of your presentation.

For planning purposes I just used bullet points within the main areas: Introduction, Main body, Conclusion. I used the bullet points as a means of stating my main talking points and for each of them I had in brackets which source I was going to use, as this would help me when it came to actually writing paragraphs.

e.g.

''Main Body:
• 11% pay-rise to Junior Doctors’ basic pay. (BBC, 2015).''

Bullet points are a really good way of planning, as they are short and sharp and can jog your mind in to filling in the blanks between each bullet point :)

From the looks of it, my TAQ 3 word count was 900 words to actually write my presentation, I wonder if that is still the same?

An important thing to remember is that even though your word count is 700 words for TAQ 2, the whole assessments word count is 1500 if it's still a 3-credit unit. If you are below the recommended word count in TAQ 1 (but you still have information to get the point across), then you can use them extra words that you saved elsewhere to give you more writing room in TAQ 2 for your plan, if you need it. The word count for each TAQ is just a recommendation and sometimes you will be under and sometimes you will be over. As long as you are as close to the recommended word count overall (1500 for 3 credit, 2500 for 6 credit) as possible (but not over) you will be fine!

Hope this helps and sorry for the essay, let me know if you need any more help.

Which Access Course are you doing btw and what are you hoping to do at Uni? :)

Chris.
Do or do not, there is no try - Yoda.

Access to Health Professions (Allied Health Professions) - 2016.

Return to “Ascentis Biology and Human Phys”