Exams

nicole87

Exams

Post by nicole87 »

Hi Guys,

Has anyone sat their exam yet and what advice can you give? I am enjoying the DLC study method as it suits my learning style although I always seem to flop during exams and end up with a rubbish mark. I usually excel at everything else and I'm worried as the university requirements are distinctions in pretty much everything!

I hope everyone is doing well and enjoying their courses. Shout out if anyone needs any help or advice.

:thumbup:

Nicole
Last edited by nicole87 on Sat Dec 12, 2015 6:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Karen

Re: Exams

Post by Karen »

Hi Nicole

Unfortunately I am unable to comment about this YET, as I haven't sat any of my exams so far, but, I will be sitting my first Psychology exam very soon :confusion-shrug: and worried that I am not going to get my results that I need as like you I need lots of distinctions. :crying-yellow:

On the cheerful side though, I am certainly enjoying my course! :thumbup:

Karen
Believe you can and you're halfway there :dance:

Received an offer for Forensic Psychology (2017) :D

carrotcruncher

Post by carrotcruncher »

My next unit is my first examined one, so I'm afraid I can offer no advice on this one

nicole87

Post by nicole87 »

carrotcruncher wrote:My next unit is my first examined one, so I'm afraid I can offer no advice on this one
It'll be great to hear how you get on. I've been reading about how it all takes place and I know that everything in the reading material will help but you still worry.

Karen Hayday
Director of Studies

Post by Karen Hayday »

We understand that lots of people find exams hard so the examined unit only look as a couple of the criterion for the unit through examination conditions, the rest of the unit is still assessed by a normal assessment. Before you take the exam or even revise for it your tutor will give you the code the exam guide which explains how to revise gives you the criterion that is going to be examined and also gives you some idea on exam type questions. The exam is its self is 30 mins long and you will do your exam via skype with your tutor watching you.

The grades for the exam are then added to the mix of the grades you receive for the assessment as a whole. As every assessment has to include GD 7 this one is also included in the exam and usually GD1 as well. All the other GD's including 7 of course is assessed in the normal assessment.

So do not worry you do not stand or fall on the exam it is just part of the overall assessment strategy although of course it is a very important part as you do need to have passed it to gain a grade for the unit overall.

Karen :occasion-santa:
DLC Executive Director

carrotcruncher

Post by carrotcruncher »

thanks for the info Karen - very helpful :thumbup:

nicole87

Post by nicole87 »

Thanks Karen,

Useful information.

Karen