Referencing TAQ's

nicole87

Referencing TAQ's

Post by nicole87 »

Hi Guy's

I am sure I could ask my tutor but I thought I would ask on here first.

I am yet to receive my feedback on my assessment for introduction to cell biology and I am currently working on my assessment for A&P of the Human Skeleton and Muscles.

I am working my way through the TAQ's and I was thinking about referencing. Seeing as these are questions regarding what we have learnt from the reading material, do we need to reference our work? It is not as though it's an academic essay. Does anyone else reference? I was thinking of just putting a bibliography at the end.... Is this recommended?

Cheers,

Nicole

carrotcruncher

Re: Referencing TAQ's

Post by carrotcruncher »

Yes, you need to reference after each TAQ - a minimum of three is recommended to demonstrate that you have read around the subject independently (or so I'm told anyway) :)

nicole87

Post by nicole87 »

:angry-banghead: :violence-shootself: :violence-pistol:

Oh balls, there was me thinking we had to come up with our own answer for the TAQ's from the reading material and links the DLC had provided :( I didn't think it was the same as the essay in the study skills module.

Looks like I'll be changing tact.

carrotcruncher

Post by carrotcruncher »

A lot of the answers will be paraphrasing of (at least part of) the materials (or that's how I've found it up until now), but I think if you're aiming for distinctions you have to drop in the odd bit of relevant stuff that isn't in the materials, hence the need for referencing.

Karen

Post by Karen »

And remember if your word count is less than 200 words you don't need to reference! :thumbup:
Believe you can and you're halfway there :dance:

Received an offer for Forensic Psychology (2017) :D

carrotcruncher

Post by carrotcruncher »

Karen wrote:And remember if your word count is less than 200 words you don't need to reference! :thumbup:
My tutor says I have to reference everything

Karen

Post by Karen »

I'm just stating what it says on the Student Assessment Criteria Sheet!
Believe you can and you're halfway there :dance:

Received an offer for Forensic Psychology (2017) :D

nicole87

Post by nicole87 »

Yes, I have just spotted what it says in the criteria sheet too Karen. I asked about referencing as I started doing my own research other than what the DLC had provided and wondered what everyone else was doing. Biology is all about facts so I guess its hard not to paraphrase someone else's work anyway. I am sure that we are going about a 200 word question exactly the same as a 300 word question so I guess anything that we read should be included in a bibliography at least.

carrotcruncher

Post by carrotcruncher »

Karen wrote:I'm just stating what it says on the Student Assessment Criteria Sheet!
Yep, I know :D , it's no great hardship anyway

Return to “Ascentis Biology and Human Phys”