Finished my course

Find out what happens after the course. What is it like at University? What about careers after that.
poppyseed

Finished my course

Post by poppyseed »

Hello,
I have just finished my course, and took my Biology 1 exam last Friday. I am here to try and help others through their travels at DLC. If you have any questions, or want to know what it is like being a DLC student, or how the course works for a student, or how cerain modules work or what they include, or anything at all, I will try and help you with this. I have found the whole course testing, exciting, interesting, tiring, a big hair pulling experience(at times), a great boost when you get the high distinction grades, and had lots of help off of this forum, it's great, and everyone is friendly and always ready to help you out. If you put the time in I am sure, like me, you will come out with the distinctions you need and deserve. It was great fun learning again, but as I just said, is hard at times and makes you flippin well think !! lol

Anyway, good luck, enjoy, keep calm. Maybe talk soon :D
Currently loving university......so excited for the next three years.!!

Karen Hayday
Director of Studies

Re: Finished my course

Post by Karen Hayday »

So great to see that you want to help others, and fantastic to see you on Ask our ex students

Lots of love

Karen

I do hope you will be on our hall of fame

Karen x
DLC Executive Director

poppyseed

Post by poppyseed »

Thankyou Karen. I have sent in a little pic of my little girl and I to go on the hall of fame!! xx

rml123

Post by rml123 »

poppyseed wrote:I have found the whole course testing, exciting, interesting, tiring, a big hair pulling experience(at times), a great boost when you get the high distinction grades, and had lots of help off of this forum, it's great, and everyone is friendly and always ready to help you out. If you put the time in I am sure, like me, you will come out with the distinctions you need and deserve. It was great fun learning again, but as I just said, is hard at times and makes you flippin well think !! lol
So very well done with completing your course... it's a great feeling :) I completely agree with everything you said... at times I have found the course so tough and often wondered if I had bitten off more than I could chew lol... but it is an amazing experience and you do feel so proud of yourself when you do complete... with a bit of hard work you do realise it is possible and I'm so looking forward to starting Uni after the summer. Everybody on the forum is so supportive and you really do not feel like you are in it on your own. I feel a bit sad now it is all over, but I'll definately be on here too to help everybody else out.

If anybody is wondering if they should take this course... DO IT!! You'll be amazed at what you can achieve. I thought I'd never be able to fulfil my dreams and get into Uni to study Physiotherapy. After 10 years in sales, I thought I'd always be stuck in this type of job, but I'm not now thanks to the DLC!

Good luck everyone xx
Becky

Karen Hayday
Director of Studies

Post by Karen Hayday »

Brill, our students are so fantastic and I do think you should tell the world via the www how brilliant you all are. I am so very proud for you all for doing what you what you have done. I am also so proud of our tutors and add on's like me for giving you the mechanism to get there.

Karen x :D :D :D
DLC Executive Director

poppyseed

Post by poppyseed »

Yes, the tutors are great with all the help and long hours they give us students. I am glad I did the online learning, as I found it so much more relaxed and could work around me, instead of others. I look forward to a long career in my choosen pathway....and a happy life with my better half and kiddies!! :D
I will be popping bk here frm time to time tho, so dnt think u have got rid DLC lol :lol: :lol: xx

Karen Hayday
Director of Studies

Post by Karen Hayday »

Great stuff... last thing i want to do is to get rid!

Karen x :D
DLC Executive Director

Return to “Ask our ex-students”