Update

Find out what happens after the course. What is it like at University? What about careers after that.
Josee

Update

Post by Josee »

Hi everyone,

Been a while since I've been on here. Uni, home and other stuff has kept me so busy I've hardly had a chance to breathe. I'm about to start the 3rd year at Salford Uni and I must say it's been quite the ride ! The second year was a lot of hard work but I've done well enough to step up from diploma to ordinary degree. I've looked at the workload for the 3rd year and it is massive !!!

I really can't believe I'm almost finished. It seems like just yesterday I rang DLC to see about doing the access course ! So for all of you who are struggling with home life and are letting stuff get ya down and unmotivated...don't let it happen. Get yourself going and live the dream ! I am and I'm absolutely loving it! Supposedly this first term is all about flexible learning and working in teams. We have a project we have to present to our placement alongside all the other stuff we gotta do ! I start my next placement next week doing an elective in which I've chosen orthopedics and I'm looking forward to working with that ward again. I've had placements all over and most all have been an enjoyable experience :dance:

Anyways, gotta run and cook tea for the family...real life never stops for a second :doh:

Hope you all are doing well. Special Hello to Karen Hayday and my previous tutor (you know who you are) you've made such a difference in my life.

Josee

Karen Hayday
Director of Studies

Re: Update

Post by Karen Hayday »

Brilliant to hear from you and I am so glad you are going well, please carry on keeping in touch as it makes so much of a difference to our current students

Karen :) :) :D
DLC Executive Director

poppyseed

Post by poppyseed »

Hi everyone who knows me, and Hi to all the newbies! :D
I am back just to let you know how I am finding Uni life. Well....... it's bloody fantastic at the minute. Bearing in mind I am only three days into the degree course of nursing,but it's great fun getting all the new information and meeting new people, from all walks of life, and great knowing I'm not alone in this. :clap: We have so far just had a few intro lectures, uniform fittings,( :whistle: Different, thats all I can say! ) I start my placements in Jan 2012, they have done it all diff with our intake this year due to the fact that students were going out unprepared, so as you can imagine I am sooooo looking forward to that part of it all :dance: We will all get a chance to get some skills before we are thrown in the poop, so to speak lol :lol:

Anyone who has any q's I will be glad to help, or if you just want to be nosey lol I do not mind either
Good luck with all your doings and goings on.
Poppyseed..xx
Currently loving university......so excited for the next three years.!!

Karen Hayday
Director of Studies

Post by Karen Hayday »

Brill Popyseed I am so please that you have not left us and we all so want to keep in touch. Glad to hear that you are enjoying it so far.

The very bestest

Karen :clap: :clap:
DLC Executive Director

Return to “Ask our ex-students”