Another ex-student update!

Find out what happens after the course. What is it like at University? What about careers after that.
ellekaye

Another ex-student update!

Post by ellekaye »

So it's been a while since I've posted and just wanted to say hi and give you guys a bit of motivation, as I know I appreciated it back when I was on the course!
So I'm now a 2nd year student midwife! Like Tracey (LauraBen?), it feels like yesterday that I was searching out an Access course that would fit around my f/t job in London.... and now I'm almost halfway through my degree. Can't believe it really! There were plenty of times that I wanted to give up the DLC course (and did leave once but had a change of heart :D ) but I'm so glad I persevered!
The midwifery course is intense, but if it's what you want to do, then you'll get through it!

Happy to answer any questions you may have (maybe not so much about the DLC modules as it was some time ago!!) and all the best!

xx

Karen Hayday
Director of Studies

Re: Another ex-student update!

Post by Karen Hayday »

Brilliant to hear from you and great to know that you are doing well. People as just putting in applications for interviews so it would be great if you could give advice on what interviews were like.

The very best

Karen :D
DLC Executive Director

bexj

Re: Another ex-student update!

Post by bexj »

ellekaye wrote:So it's been a while since I've posted and just wanted to say hi and give you guys a bit of motivation, as I know I appreciated it back when I was on the course!
So I'm now a 2nd year student midwife! Like Tracey (LauraBen?), it feels like yesterday that I was searching out an Access course that would fit around my f/t job in London.... and now I'm almost halfway through my degree. Can't believe it really! There were plenty of times that I wanted to give up the DLC course (and did leave once but had a change of heart :D ) but I'm so glad I persevered!
The midwifery course is intense, but if it's what you want to do, then you'll get through it!

Happy to answer any questions you may have (maybe not so much about the DLC modules as it was some time ago!!) and all the best!

xx
Hi - I am starting uni in Feb 12 for midwifery... is there any advice you can give me to prepare??

Thanks.
Becky x
Got a place at UWL for Midwifery starting Feb 2012... Yippee.. Watch out here I come lol.

Return to “Ask our ex-students”