Into my 2nd week...

Find out what happens after the course. What is it like at University? What about careers after that.
bexj

Into my 2nd week...

Post by bexj »

Well I am in my 2nd week and so far so good.... just been lots of who does what and what goes where.... Had a few days of home study and things steady at the moment. I know things are going to heat up a bit in the next few weeks and I am also out in community in 4 weeks.... how exciting!! I will keep you all posted as things progress!! :D
Got a place at UWL for Midwifery starting Feb 2012... Yippee.. Watch out here I come lol.

Karen Hayday
Director of Studies

Re: Into my 2nd week...

Post by Karen Hayday »

This is fantastic Bex

Do tell us what is going on and how you are finding it, and come one girls and boys follow how are ex students are doing in the uni world!
DLC Executive Director

bexj

Post by bexj »

Well I am now coming to the end of my 4th week and we go out on our first placement the week after next. I've not had my mentor yet but most are going out on to community.
So far we have covered anatomy and physiology, working on our first trigger (presentation) due Friday, hand wash assessment (practical), moving and handling assessment (practical) due next Tuesday, looked at screening, palpations, baby positions, communication workshop, antenatal and postnatal care, BP, resp, temp, pulse... Its full on and they don't ease you in gently but its worth it!!!

Might be the last update for a little while as have lots going on now but once I have completed my first placement I will be back....
Got a place at UWL for Midwifery starting Feb 2012... Yippee.. Watch out here I come lol.

Mrsjprice
Site Admin

Post by Mrsjprice »

They're keeping you busy then bex!

:)

Karen Hayday
Director of Studies

Post by Karen Hayday »

And do keep on with your up dates

Good luck with the rest of your placements