Access and after!!!!

Find out what happens after the course. What is it like at University? What about careers after that.
sbroady

Access and after!!!!

Post by sbroady »

I will admit, doing this course, working full time, having a 1 year old daughter and and working in the Middle East for 4 months.....I thought I would fail and have no confidence. Every assignment I thought I had failed, every subject I found myself struggling!! In 10 months I completed the access course, GCSEE Maths along with it as well as GCSE English and General Studies!!! I received top marks and Distinction overall!!!

Most tutors are amazing and fully supported me with my stupid questions and had faith in me!! It was hard but knowing what I have accomplished, I feel amazing. I received 4 offers to Uni and plan on leaving my current job in the Royal Air Force and attending Lincoln Uni in Sept 14.

For future students....you can do anything you put your mind to and work hard for!! You might not all have faith in yourself but others do and you will get there in the end!!!

Thank you to all DLC and especially Jane, Simon, Julie and Eammon!!! xxx :) xxx

PPoskitt
DLC Moderator

Re: Access and after!!!!

Post by PPoskitt »

Fantastic post :) Congratulations on the result and well done for persevering!
Phil [ DLC Moderator ]

- Access to Paramedicine 2014 -
- FAB 5 Award Winner August 2015 -

| Paramedic | McPara | SCST Affiliate |
Admin of @PreHospECG (Twitter) & '12-Lead ECG: I've Got the Rhythm' (Facebook)

HanAbsenda

Access and after

Post by HanAbsenda »

Hi everyone,
I never used the forum as a student of the DLC. If I did it would have been really helpful. I completed my course and now I am studying social work at uni. I found my tutor really helpful and VERY patient. Uni is great and one of the best things I have done in life, its hard going but the distance learning centre prepares you for that. I used to work full-time and do the access course but now I feel i have less time as a student Good luck everyone and dont give up

Mrsjprice
Site Admin

Re: Access and after

Post by Mrsjprice »

HanAbsenda wrote:Hi everyone,
I never used the forum as a student of the DLC. If I did it would have been really helpful. I completed my course and now I am studying social work at uni. I found my tutor really helpful and VERY patient. Uni is great and one of the best things I have done in life, its hard going but the distance learning centre prepares you for that. I used to work full-time and do the access course but now I feel i have less time as a student Good luck everyone and dont give up

Great feedback, thank you for sharing :)

Karen

Re: Access and after

Post by Karen »

HanAbsenda wrote:Hi everyone,
Good luck for the future! :thumbup:
Believe you can and you're halfway there :dance:

Received an offer for Forensic Psychology (2017) :D

Return to “Ask our ex-students”